Soaring temperatures of around 50°C were recorded across parts of the Arabian Gulf, including Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Kuwait, in recent weeks. And since it’s still June it’s going to be roasting outside for quite a while. When you’re looking for a refreshing drink with a caffeine kick to thrust off that sluggish feeling and quench your thirst there’s nothing quite like ice coffee. And it’s so easy to be your own barista and pull off a super flavourful, smooth and revitalising cup right in the comfort of your own home.
Making it even easier to whip up an ice coffee is Nespresso’s range of “Barista Creations for Ice,” coffees that have been expertly crafted for preparation over ice. And to celebrate this summer’s return, “Barista Nespresso” has shared some signature recipes to make by hand, designed for “Original” and “Vertuo” systems.
Freddo Intenso Tiki Sparkle for Original
Travel to the tropics in spicy style with this “Freddo Intenso” recipe exploding with flavours.
- Place one ice cube (30 g) into a shaker. Extract 40 ml of “Barista Creations Freddo Intenso” espresso over the ice. Stir and then seal before shaking vigorously.
- Place four ice cubes (30 g each) into your “View” recipe glass. Add 10ml of MONIN Tiki Syrup and squeeze in the juice of one fresh lime slice. Slap four-five basil leaves in your hand and add them to the glass.
- Pour in 90 ml of ginger beer soda or lemon soda. Pour in the cold coffee.
- Garnish with fresh ginger slices, lime peel and a basil leaf.
Orange Saffron Ice Leggero Latte for Vertuo
This iced recipe offers the velvet and the sparkle for those with a discerning palate.
- Place four ice cubes (30 g each) into your “Vertuo” coffee mug.
- Add 10 ml saffron syrup, a fresh orange peel and 120 ml of milk (1.5 percent fat).
- Extract 80 ml of “Barista Creations Ice Leggero” into the mug.
- Garnish with a fresh orange peel.